Welcome to BLOG Zentangle. To learn about Zentangle, visit our website, read our free newsletters, take a class with a local Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT), and best of all . . . create your own!


Tuesday, May 24, 2011

String Theory #23

Laura Harms, CZT has a new challenge call String Theory.

Here's Maria's contribution with her comments:


I did this Zentangle late last night by candlelight. I wanted some continuity, so I striped each section, then tangled the stripes as they presented themselves. It's rather dark, but I was in a great mood! Go figure . . .

I enjoyed going back to the square format, which I had wandered from lately.

Congrats to Laura Harms for crashing the 100,000 mark on her blog!

Click image for larger view.

12 comments:

Carole Ohl said...

Love the white on black Betweed! And what a great idea about the continuity.. a sort of string within a string.

Lois Heinani Stokes said...

Carole you have pulled the string of my thoughts ~ I'll have to unravel that string within a string idea on one of my tiles soon.

Shelly Beauch said...

Maria your tile has such a lot of character!

Jane Monk said...

'tis beautiful Maria, you can almost "feel" those shapes popping off the paper. And congrats to Laura's milestone on her blog!
Cheers from Tasmania - where tangling is becoming mania!

Diana Hirsch said...

Absolutely delight-full. I love the roundness that comes from the square.

Heather Victoria Held said...

I love the mood of this tile. Looks like such a peaceful piece!
xo,
Heather

Mariƫt said...

Wonderful!

Diane Trew said...

I love the dark betweed! The whole tangle is beautiful.

Annet said...

I didn't recognize Betweed! I only saw the beauty of it, so it's good Carole recognized it.

Okami said...

just lovely

janee said...

Oooooh, another beautiful Maria tile! I love the black betweed as well. it's a very nice look.

Zentangle said...

OOOOOOH, hi Janee! nice to see your face now that we've met! M